Best Hawaiian Island To Visit
Hawaii is definitely the most famous exotic island in the whole world. Millions of people from all continents choose to spend their vacation in this breathtaking location. However, one of the hardest parts when planning a vacation to this dream island is deciding which Hawaiian island to visit. Finding the best Hawaiian island to visit is undoubtedly the first thing you need to do before planning other details.
With 8 major islands and 1,500 miles of beauty, Hawaii offers something that caters to all tastes. Each island is different, offering something unique than all other seven. If you are not 100% certain that Hawaii should be your next vacation destination, here are some things that might radically change your mind.
1. Perfect Climate: in Hawaii, the temperature stays steady all throughout the year, ranging from 75 to 95 Fahrenheit. This means that you don’t have to worry about taking warm clothes with you. The weather in Hawaii is just perfect.
2. Bliss and relaxation: only in Hawaii you get the chance to stay at the world’s most luxurious hotels, motels and spas. You can also take in the scenic view all day long without losing your interest. With thousands of campsite retreats and beach rental opportunities, you can have a perfect vacation. The beautiful scenery is complemented by ocean cruises and a vast marine life, from whales and dolphins to sea turtles and colored fish. During the night, you can admire the beautiful night sky or simply visit the amazing volcano.
3. Love is in the air: from relaxing honeymoons and weddings to renewing your vows, Hawaii is the perfect romantic escape for any couple.
4. Fantastic food: Hawaii is known to be a cultural and culinary melting pot. You can taste a bit of Vietnam, China, Japan, Thailand, Italy, Mexico and France. If you want to satisfy your taste buds, there is no other place better than Hawaii.
5. Shopping: if you love shopping or have a wife or daughter that would love to spend her whole day in a shopping mall, Hawaii is definitely a great place to be. From factory outlets and mega shopping malls to local crafts and farmers market, Hawaii has it all!
6. Breathtaking nightlife: the 8 islands of Hawaii boast an international array of bars and night clubs, with hot DJs, dance parties, international artists and of course tropical cocktails. If you prefer museums or galleries over night clubs, you can visit several museums after nightfall that can definitely make your day.
Which Island Is The Right One For You?
Now that you know why it is imperative to visit Hawaii, it is important to take a closer look at all these magnificent islands. If you will choose well, your experience to Hawaii will certainly become an unforgettable one. Once you read what each of these breathtaking Hawaiian Islands have to offer, you can decide which one is the best for you to visit.
Also known under the name of “The Garden Isle”, this gorgeous island is the exact same island from the movie Jurassic Park. Lavish vegetation, beautiful beaches, stunning canyons, majestic waterfalls and high mountains – Kaua’i has it all. Many people who have visited Hawaii have decided that this is the most amazing place in the whole archipelago. Kaua’i has the most spectacular sunsets, the highest variety of water sports, gorgeous gardens, amazing hiking experiences and plenty of shooting locations. This is the place where famous actors came, including Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones), Jonny Dep (Pirates of the Caribean) and Sam Neil (Jurassic Park 1).
If you are traveling with kids and you are still wondering which island you should choose, the answer should be obvious: the island of Maui. You can visit over 10 different places for family oriented fun (aquariums, water parks and zoos), 10 national parks or 11 unique locations for snorkeling and whale watching. For a unique experience that will remain in your children’s memory forever, you can take a helicopter ride with your whole family one morning and ride to the well famed Haleakalā Crater. Do not forget to take your camera with you, as you are about to experience the most beautiful sunrise you’ve ever seen. Maui, the second largest of the Hawaiian Islands, is best known for hiking, food, beaches and attractions.
The biggest island in Hawaii, the “Big Island” is the youngest islands in the archipelago. This island is the best for hiking and wildlife. Kilauea, the most active volcano on our planet, has created a haven for hikers: icy waterfall pools, emerald valleys and picturesque walls made of sharp rocks. If you are a beginner, you can take a hike in the tropical paradise created by the Waipi’o Valley. Once you reach the top of the volcano, you can witness the molten lava flowing. That is definitely quite a view.
Also called “The Gathering Place”, the island of O’ahu is the most populous island in Hawaii. More than 70% of the population lives here. There are tons of attractions for tourists, including boutiques, restaurants, shopping malls, museums, art galleries and night clubs. O’ahu has also been featured in many movies, just as its sister island, Kaua’i. Some of these movies are Karate Kid 2, Pearl Harbour, Lost, Jurassic Park and From Here to Eternity. O’ahu is also a perfect place to learn surfing for the first time due to its amazing beaches and waves. The Waikiki beach is the place to be if you are a surfer.
One of the least commercialized islands in the Hawaiian archipelago, the Lanai Island offers a unique experience for tourists looking for remoteness, history and pampering. Due to its isolated location, this island feels like a bit of subtropical pleasure, away from the rest of the world. Its pineapples, beaches and palm trees are what make this place an exquisite destination for married couples who love solitude. On this island you can find two of Hawaii’s most luxurious hotels. Moreover, Lanai’s crystal clear waters provide a top-notch snorkeling experience.
Molokai boasts beautiful coastlines, untamed wilderness and amazing seascapes. If you seek to run away from all, Molokai is the place to come. Here you can enjoy a great time alone with yourself or with your spouse without having to stay connected to the world around you. Go to Molokai if you want to discover the amazing Hawaiian culture and enjoy non-stop relaxation.
Also known under the name of “The Forbidden Isle”, this part of Hawaii is restricted to tourists. However, you can enjoy a helicopter ride and discover this paradise of tranquility and peace.
The Bottom Line
Hawaii is a paradise, a place of wonder and amazement. Although you might want to visit all of these amazing islands in a single trip, you should remember that you can always come a second time to Hawaii. Choose the right island or islands to visit so you can narrow down what kind of vacation you desire. The good news is that regardless of your choice, you won’t be disappointed.